Area rug cleaning is quite different from wall-to-wall cleaning. The materials, the dies, the fibers, etc, used in these rugs is very different from your normal, synthetic, machine manufactured carpets. That’s especially true with intricately designed oriental rugs. They’re usually made from natural fibers and dies and are very expensive. Do you really want to subject these rugs to the regular cleaning process?
The normal carpet cleaning process exposes it to high heat, extreme agitation, high water pressure, and some heavy chemical activity. You don’t want to expose your area rugs to this. They require a more gentle hand-washing technique. Naturally, because of the time, effort, and sophisticated cleaning products involved in rug cleaning, this service can be expensive.
Why are Area Rugs so Difficult to Clean?
Area rugs don’t just require more care while cleaning, but they’re also more difficult to clean. Here are some reasons why it is so:
- These carpets have a dense pile construction. The dirt from the surface can go deep into the fibers and get to the backing foundation. This can’t be removed with just ordinary vacuuming.
- Loose grit will damage the fibers of your rug by cutting it whenever you walk on it. This leads to fiber loss and soil stains, both of which are bad for your rug.
- The dense pile also creates a favorable environment for germs, bacteria, and dust mites. Food particles, animal oil and dander, etc, will sink into the rug, creating unhygienic conditions.
- Dust mites aren’t good for you. They can cause allergies and asthma that would last for a long time. They live anywhere you might find flakes of human skin. This includes pillows, mattresses, clothes, rugs, bedcovers, etc.
- If you want to keep your rugs healthy, you need to remove all kinds of foreign pollutants from it. This is a long and detailed process.
- We will use a very unique and effective high-volume clear water rinse extraction process for area rug cleaning. The amount of water used in this process depends upon the amount of soil present in the rug. More soil means more water.
Ace For Clean will pick up and deliver your rug for a small fee. All you need to do is call us on our number 817 267 2223 for an inspection appointment. We recommend that you clean your area rugs lightly several times, and professionally once in a year. Low-traffic area rugs can be clean once in every 2 or 3 years. Don’t wait for the rug to start looking dirty. It should be washed whether it appears so or not.